Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

As I look back over the past year, I can see how my life is changing and my business is growing.  I have so many blessings that I will never be able to count them all.  God has definitely been good to us.  I pray that your new years is happy, prosperous and you have wonderful health.  One of the newest blessings, or I should say blessing to be---is that I am becoming a grandmother in May.  My daughter Michille and her wonderful husband Martin have been visiting with us for the past few weeks from New Mexico and they return home soon, however, we were able to celebrate this new blessing today with their friends.  Usually you think of a baby shower as a female situation, however, the men outnumbered the women 2-1 today and we still had one heckuva time!  We played a couple of games (even the men had fun) and enjoyed each others' fellowship while sharing in this special time with our family.  One of my daughter's friends by the name of Miranda, helped me organize everything.  It went off without a hitch!  I am sharing a few photos with you and a recipe for the punch we made.

Again, I am so glad that you stopped by today and glad that we were able to share our special news with you.  You will see pics when Stratton is welcomed into this world in May but for now, here are a few pics.

*hugz and blessings*
Elizabeth

 


Rubber Duck Punch

Ingredients

1 0.13 ounce package berry blue flavored unsweetened Kool-Aid drink mix
1 2 liter bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
1 64 ounce bottle white cranberry juice
8 scoops vanilla ice cream
1 cup white sugar (or to taste)
3-5 new, clean rubber ducks

Directions
In a large punch bowl, stir together the Kool-Aid mix, lemon-lime soda and white cranberry juice.
Taste and stir in sugar to your liking.  Float scoops of ice cream on the top. The ice cream melts somewhat and turns the punch a beautiful baby blue color with frothy white clouds floating on the top.  Place rubber ducks on the top to float. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment