Thursday, July 7, 2011

Growing

Growing can mean many things.  In the pic to the left I thought that I would share some of my herbs with you.  I love my flowers, my herbs and my veggies and love to share them with friends and family.  My biological mother, (Cheryl) told me once that my grandmother had such a green thumb that she could stick a shovel in the ground and it would grow.  She said she believes that was passed onto me...and I am grateful.  

This was the first year that I started my plants from seeds.  I actually grew some basil, tomatoes and peppers inside to put out this summer.  A friend of mine (Lacy) kept telling me that I could do it, that he believed in me, so I tried...and it worked!  I have a grow light on a cart that I start my plants on now and anxiously await the time when I can begin my next seeds.  He even bought me the cutest little terrarium that I will share with you later on.  I was actually able to start a cutting from both honeysuckle and a cabbage rose this year so I am making progress.  It is amazing.  I am growing as well with these additions to my life.  

The last growth that I believe in, is my spiritual life.  I am a Christian, a Believer-as you will, and I believe that life is a growing process when it comes to relationships, not only with friends and family but also with my Heavenly Father.  I am not a "Bible Thumper" so to speak, but I have have deep roots from the Midwest Bible Belt where my grandfather was a Southern Baptist Preacher and my family has always done their best to instill God's Word into me.  I am so grateful for it.  I am not the perfect Christian.  I struggle with things on a daily basis, but I know that God is there for me, no matter what.  I asked Him into my life at age 9 and have known that He is here since then.  I hope that you will look His direction not only when you come into life's difficulties, but also obtain a relationship with Him.  He longs for it.  I am always working on mine and I am so proud of the fact that He loves me for who I am.  

*hugz and blessings*
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment