Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Old Farmer's Alamac

The Old Farmer's Almanac
Years ago my husband gave me one of these, in paperback form, and they still come that way for handiness.  However, since this is the age of electronics, I have found that since I have signed up via email for their articles, information on gardening, recipes and a lot of other household information, that I am much more informed.  This morning I opened my email up to find out good harvesting information for my garden.  There are temperature guides for different things, dates for planting, etc.  I think my favorite part though are the recipes.  I am an avid recipe fan and love to try and share new recipes all the time.  I have found so many wonderful recipes over the years that have broadened both my cooking skills but also my family's eating habits.  That is a bit hard to do at times with a hubby who likes meat and potatoes and children who wonder what radicchio is.  

I hope you will take the time to follow the link and try a new thing in your life.  Yes, I know it means a bit more time at the computer, but I have found that ignorance isn't always blissful.  Sometimes it is better to learn just a bit more so that it will make life a little better in the long run.  

*hugz and blessings*
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment