Friday, July 13, 2012

Times They Are A Changin'

Hello there!  I am sure everyone has noticed that I have been away for awhile and you have been kind enough not to give me grief for not following up on my blog.  Well now, I just want to let you know that I appreciate it and let you know what has been happening.  I have been oh, so busy with my business and friends popping in from round the world and also from here in the states that I just haven't had time to catch up on things recently. 



First of all, Cecile and Marcel stopped here in Maryland for a couple of days, picked me up and we all went and met my business partner, Lacy, in Pigeon Forge, TN for a week.  We had one heck of a week going here and there, seeing the western portion of Tennessee, seeing and experiencing everything.  It was so wonderful.  Cecile and Marcel returned to Maryland with me and stayed for another couple of weeks, all the while, Lacy, came to visit us all here.  It was a blast!   




The first day that we were all here together, Lace, Jeff and Connor entered a fishing tournament on the old Fort Ritchie base.  They fished all day and we ended u p having a fish fry that night with everyone and also had our friend Jim over.  It was so much fun.  The weather was perfect and the Fort Ritchie Community Center ended up putting some funds in their coffers due to the tournament.  It was a win/win situation.  They left the next day and Lace stayed a bit longer as we worked on a couple of projects here (as you can see below).  Sometimes he EVEN acts his age! *maybe not* lol 





Next in line was myself joining a store here in Hagerstown, Maryland that sells crafts and vintage items.  It is called "Spare Thyme" and is owned by two sisters, Jamie and Jennifer and they are just adorable.  Most of the folks in the shop create primitive items but I do only a bit of prim type things, mostly shabby chic though.  It is good to belong to a group again.  I have been doing things here and there but nothing on a routine basis since we lived in Belgium and I sold in Grandma's Attic.  I am now going through my inventory and slowly moving it over to Spare Thyme and beginning to create new things.  In general...having fun again!  My partner brought me a whole bunch of supplies when he came an I have been playing since.  


Well, there you go, my crazy life in a nutshell.  Thank you so much for being patient with me.  I do hope that you check back in soon.  If you would like to visit Spare Thyme, they are located in Hagerstown at 562 D Northern Avenue.  They are closed Wednesday and Sunday.  If you stop by, tell them that Elizabeth sent you!  


*hugz n blessingz*
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment