Sunday, November 13, 2011

Music and Christmas Time

I know, I know, it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, but it is durn close don'tcha think?  I won't decorate yet, I promise, but I can't promise my daughter hasn't gotten the garland and ornaments out yet.

One of my favorite things at Christmas time is actually music, it is such a glorious time, a time to rejoice in Christ's birth and celebrate the bearer of our salvation.  Some of the songs that bring Christmas to me are actually in the artist's singing voice.

I will give you a bit of an example:  Bing Crosby singing "White Christmas", Josh Grobin singing "O Holy Night",  Andrea Bocelli singing "Ave Maria", and so on.  You get the idea.  There are also different styles of tunes that bring Christmas to me as well such as the tunes that I remember as a child while watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus is Coming to Town and then there's Charlie Brown Christmas theme song.  These are the songs that bring the nostalgia to our home and to my mind and carry me back to when I was growing up.  I do like a little bit of Elvis Presley's "Blue Christmas", Brenda Lee's "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree" are also favorites.

In the years past we had been going through a bit of a turmoil here at the Gilchrist household and for some reason I did not want to celebrate, the feeling wasn't there; but all that is past and our family has moved on and been blessed in the process.  God is good.

Anyway, I thought I would share some of my Christmas musical interests with you to help you begin to go down the road to celebrating the Christmas season!  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

*Hugz n Blessings*
Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. I got my stuff out the end of October. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my girl! lol I am glad you and Martin came to an understanding. *smile* I can't wait to see you in Dec.

    ReplyDelete