Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tea...for me!

Good morning!

I don't know about everyone else but hot tea has a certain quality that really helps me to tune into ME.  This morning I am drinking Twining's Earl Grey Tea.  I took a pic of my pseudo ritual so you could see how basic it is to do.  

We lived at a Nato post in Belgium for 9 years during the gulf war and I have come away with some wonderful gifts, one of which was learning to calm myself by having a cup a tea.  In the photo are my favorite tea mug (polish pottery bought in Germany just after the wall fell), my favorite tea for just such an occasion is Earl Grey-specifically Twining's.  It has such a wonderful flavor, is mellow and calming. There are other brands of Earl Grey, but honestly, none compare at all to this in my opinion.  If you know of another that is really nice, please, let me know.  I would love to try it out!  Next is my Stevia plant.  I love this plant!  It derives from warm climates like South America and here in the U.S., in the western states.  The leaves are naturally sweet and have a wonderful taste to them.  I like them better than sugar substitutes because it is all natural and all you need to do is add the leaf into your tea when you first begin the steeping process, there is no need to remove it.  

Tea has such wonderful qualities to it and don't get me wrong, there is a lot to say about a good cup of coffee in the morning, but...some days you just want to take things slowly but steady and focus as you go.  If you haven't tried tea in the past, give it a try.  It is pretty inexpensive and you don't have to have special mugs, special teas or even a Stevia plant, just grab you a mug and read the package.  Easy as pie.  Here is a link that might help you get started!  http://www.twiningsusa.com/  I know it isn't English High Tea, or Afternoon Tea, but it is still something that will make you feel special and help you get in touch with yourself.  

Until Next Time
*hugz n blessings*
Elizabeth


Oh, btw, don't forget about the contest that begins on Friday so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment