Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Beginning again

I don't know if you know or not, but I have been attempting to get my doors open here at Nostalgic Dreams for the longest time.  It has been a dream of mine since I first set out to get Grandma's Attic started back in 1991, along with some friends.  I love to craft, I love to create but being in the military always seemed to complicate things.  Once my daughter moved out a few years ago I thought I would be able to find the time, but alas, no, and the funds did not arrive either so I have put it off.  Well I am off on a venture to at least get the Bed and Breakfast open in the fall of 2012.

I have so much to learn, do and create but I have been doing things slowly.  It hasn't been easy, and luckily I have had some wonderful friends to help.  With God on my side, I was able to get the BnB opened a few years ago but I had to work a full time job for awhile and it made it just impossible.  Well, since I have been laid off for several months now, I have been proceeding down this neglected road...again.  I have drive and ambition and remember the words of my father ringing in my ear..."Anything worth doing Sis, is worth doing right...and it's going to be difficult".  So I persist and plan.  My mom has been my best ally in all of this, helping me by looking over paperwork, etc.  It is nice to have someone in the family that can lend a positive ear.

Well, I am so grateful that I have been given this opportunity and hopefully, since my last young one is out the door this fall to college, I can promote my time to finishing up my new guest room (The Rustic Room) and pushing forward.  I look forward to sharing this with you and hope that you will continue to give positive input on things that might help me along.

I won't be able to open my gift shop immediately, however, I have decided to jump in with both feet into the bazaar arena again and move slowly into the "gift shop dimension" in the near future.  If you have questions, comments or concerns, please, please let me know.  I can use all the help I can get!

*hugz n blessings*
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment