Friday, September 28, 2012

A New Me

  This is me, Elizabeth.  I am 48 years old, married for nearly 30 years, have two children and one grandchild.  I was born/raised in Oklahoma but then joined the military where I met my husband. I enjoy cooking, sewing, painting, crafting, creating, going places, doing things, talking to my Heavenly Father, decorating, hanging out with friends and family and I am telling you all this as I want you to know a bit about me as I embark on a journey- I am having a gastric bypass.  I have always had an issue with my weight, ever since I can remember.  I remember dieting with my mom when I was a teenager and never being totally happy with the way that I looked.  I was thin enough to get into the military at one time, however, I gained quite a bit of weight with the birth of my daughter- and just never took it off.  I have never really been motivated enough to take it off and keep it off I guess.  I would "yo yo" up and down and never really do what I needed to do to change my life or me. 

Well, that changed.  Last year around Christmas time I realized I am turning 48 this year and realized that 50 was the next hill that I was going to peek over and look down.  I couldn't do it the way that I am now and be able to do the things in life that I really want to do.  I did a bit of research and called my doctor's office to make an appointment.  I went to see my doctor and he suggested several things, one of them being this avenue.  I did more research and found a doctor in the area that does these types of operations and I called up his office.  They suggested that I come in for a seminar and check things out, so I did.  That was on January 5th this year.  It takes soooooo many months of going to the dietitian, seeing a therapist, a pulmonologist, a gastroenterologist, a cardiologist, and so much more.  The insurance had to approve me and once the insurance approved my date was set.  

And here I am.  My appointment is set for Friday, October 5th and I am to report to hospital at 7 am.  I have to stay in the hospital for a couple of days but am honestly looking forward to it.  

I hope that you will stay with me during this voyage.  I am looking forward to sharing with you. 

*hugz n blessingz*
Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Proud of you MB! You are beautiful inside and outside to me but I understand your desire and which you nothing but the best. I will be praying for you and can't wait to visit with you in person soon!! Love you always, Cousin Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thank you Megano. *smile* I love you too and can't wait to see you, Armando and your children. You are a special person to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you - hang in there and we are anxiously awaiting a visit from the "new you" Thanksgiving! Can't believe it's finally time - my prayers are with you. Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for being behind me, Mom. I love you too! *hugz*

      Delete