Thursday, August 11, 2011

I Had a Great Time Yesterday!


Susan and I had such a wonderful time yesterday.  We started out the day by taking a jaunt to Chambersburg, PA and grabbing lunch.  We went to one of my favorite places...Red Lobster.  Last month when we went out, it was my turn to choose so we went to Sonic in Chambersburg.  I don't know about you, but Sonic is an awesome place.  I totally LOVE their onion rings and cherry lime-aids!  I was raised in Shawnee, OK where the first Sonic came about and I guess I have had  no other onion rings that measure up since.  As for cherry lime-aids, Braum's comes in a very close second.  I worked there in high school (almost hate ice cream now)  and got to where I loved theirs as well.  Sonic is still first though.


After lunch we headed to a couple of shops in the same plaza that Red Lobster was in and took our time looking around.  I did a bit of damage to my wallet but next was...the thrift shop!  I had pre-printed the directions to a few thrift shops and we were on our merry little way to one, when we came across the New Life Thrift Shop.  It is in the Sheets Plaza off of Lincoln Way in Chambersburg.  I found oodles of goodies!  It is amazing the things that are in a thrift shop that have NEVER been used before and are brand new, even the wrapping is still on the packaging.  I love it though, would rather an item get a second life than none at all.









I decided to call my business Nostalgic Dreams for a very good reason.  I believe that time past was a very good time, not to dwell upon, but to reminisce about and some of those times had class, style and character.  Therefore, my bed and breakfast is not a fancy schmancy (w?) place that is fru fru or dripping with elegance.  Nostalgic Dreams Bed and Breakfast is a place that is homey, country with lace edging and silver serving pieces.  It has a style all it's own.  Then came the gift shoppe which includes gift baskets, crafts and home decor items.  I found a place online where I can call home (http://www.bonanza.com/booths/NostalgicDreams) and I have already met some really groovy people there.  It is like a small family. It has been a bit difficult at times getting it started the past few weeks, but it is definitely worth it.

Lastly, I try to use a gently loved item in each thing that I create.  That is just one of the things that I believe in...not throwing good things away that can be re loved.  Anyway, with my sewing creations and decor, I try to include something to bring out the ambiance that I desire, with my gift baskets I try to include items that are not only high quality but are vintage or previously used but are in mint condition. 
Thank you so much for stopping by today.  Please say hi and if you have something to share, please do!
*hugz n blessings*
Elizabeth

Oh, btw, I think the singing on the hill southern gospel concert sounds fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment