Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Well, It's Official!

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/NostalgicDreams

I have finally gotten my booth up and running on a wonderful site called "Bonanza".  It hasn't been easy and I have gone through a couple of other options in order to open an online store, but this one I believe is good, and once the site gets going, I think I will do okay.  I installed a "widget" at the top of this page so you can see some of the items that I have for sale.  I still have other things to do on the page such as shipping and other specifications, but I am getting there.  I spent the morning on the phone with UPS.  They are really awesome with their service and go the extra mile to assist you in starting your business.  My rep's name is Jeremy and he is just the most wonderful guy.  I look forward to growing my business with them and also with my customers over the years.

I started Nostalgic Dreams as a bed and breakfast which we will be reopening in the fall of 2012.  We are adding another room for rent that will be called the "Rustic Room".  I thought with us being this close to the Appalachian Trail and us having the occasional hiker, it would make them feel at home while they are "on the trail".  It will take awhile to complete it as we are looking for just the right accessories for the room.  

I also want to include a gift shop with Nostalgic Dreams that will not only house my gifts and crafts but some items that might be able to be used on the AT for some of the hikers that might stay.  I have loved meeting each and every hiker through the years, they are all so different but yet the same...they love nature and they have set their goals to accomplish a task.  Most want to finish the Maine to Georgia stint before they stop...and a couple have already accomplished this once but are on their second attempt.  

So...that being said, please, take a look at my Bonanza store above and let me know what you think about it. I am getting organized slowly and moving down the road of getting my full-fledged business opened to the public.  I love constructive criticism as it helps me to grow.  It will be awhile before I can open the gift shop here in the house as I have to do so many things that will take funds that aren't yet available, so I figured in the meantime I would go toward my goal from another direction.

Have a great rest of the week and God Bless.
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment